Wednesday 20 July 2011

A Stroll Round My Neighbourhood


Yes, I know, I know....I am meant to be tidying my wardrobe  but its mid-winter and the weather has been glorious so how could I resist taking a long leisurely walk in the sun yesterday.  Today, however, is a different story with heavy rain and wind but that's New Zealand, four seasons in one week!  Anyway  here are some photos I took yesterday around my neighbourhood, all within a 100 metres of my home.

Sunrise on the Tamaki River

Churchill Park, right opposite my home, is a 100 acre working farm  within 15 minutes of the city centre. City skyline in the distance
View of the Tamaki River from the park. My home is behind the trees
Sacred Heart College, boys school, on the top of the hill, overlooking the park

Peace, tranquillity and afternoon shadows in Churchill Park
My neighbours
"The friendly cow, all red and white, I love with all my heart."   -  Robert Louis Stevenson
The tide's out on the Tamaki River

Off for a kayak after a busy day at work
A corner of my garden


1 comment: