Wednesday 13 April 2011

I'm packing my bags!

My bedroom is currently the scene of utter chaos.  I have clothes, shoes, gifts and assorted travel paraphernalia strewn about waiting to be packed.  This is the part of travel I hate...the getting ready a few days before hand.  I am excited, though.  On Saturday I leave for London to spend a month with my son, daughter-in-law and two year old grandson in London.  It is a year since I have seen them, in the flesh that is.  Thanks to the wonders of Skype I see them most weeks and am sure my grandson will recognise me at the airport, at least I hope he will. I am flying direct to London with a short transit stop in Hong Kong, mainly because I don't want to waste time getting there.   I'm pretty excited about this flight, which is unusual for me, as I see long flights as a necessary evil, merely a means to get to where I want to go, but this time I am flying on Air New Zealand's new Boeing 777-300.  Recently I was fortunate enough to have a tour of this plane and it was the most beautiful aircraft I had ever been on, with its plush white leather upholstery, larger TV screens and a touch pad for ordering snacks and drinks.  It should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment